Jeff is a partner at Skipper Law who focuses his practice on the following areas:
- Consumer Protection Issues
- HOA / Condo Disputes
- General Civil Litigation, Including Business and Contract Disputes
Prior to joining Skipper Law, Jeff was a litigation associate at DLA Piper. His practice focused on defending businesses in various complex disputes. His experience as a defense attorney combined with his practice as a plaintiffs’ attorney provides him with the ability to see both sides of a case in order to best advise and represent his clients. His formalized training in mediation further assists in his ability to navigate disputes to an effective resolution. Jeff also has experience representing homeowners and consumers whose rights have been violated.
Jeff graduated Magna Cum Laude from Washington University in St. Louis in 2005 with majors in economics and psychology, and Cum Laude from the University of Maryland School of Law in 2010. Jeff was a member of Maryland’s Mediation Clinic and a fellow in the school’s Writing Center. He interned for The Honorable Paul W. Grimm of the United States District Court of Maryland and the Honorable Lynne A. Battaglia of the Maryland Court of Appeals. Jeff is admitted to practice law in Maryland state courts and the United States District Court of Maryland.
- Bond v. Marriott International, Inc.: United States District Court of Maryland, 10-cv-01256: Obtain summary judgment in favor of Defendant Marriott in ERISA action and obtain denial of class certification.
- Realmuto v. Life Insurance Company of North America, USDC MD 2015; Obtain summary judgment on behalf of defendant in federal court.
- Gregg Lapointe, et al. v. Sigma Tau Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Representation of plaintiffs in action seeking over $100 million in alleged damages in the Circuit Court for Montgomery County, Maryland
- Investigations/Compliance: Representation of numerous clients being investigated by the SEC and other regulators.
- Petition for Relief to United Nations Working Group on Arbitrary Detention: Draft successful petition regarding the Gulag System in the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, available at https://www.fidh.org/IMG/pdf/icnk_gulag_petition.pdf